Union Affiliations: AEA, AFTRA, SAG
Phone Number: 413-441-2655
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BACKGROUND: From Toronto, Canada Elizabeth has been working on the east coast in theatre and film as an actor and in production for over 20 years. Based in the Berkshires, Elizabeth has deep roots with the Berkshire arts scene and strong ties to the local business community. Aspenlieder is a Film Producer and actor who also does locations, production and unit production management as well as casting for film, theatre, and commercial work. Her own production company, Aspenlieder Productions, launched in the fall of 2021.
- 2022 Mint Indy short in-production (Producer/Casting Director) directors Justin Allen and Mark Farrell, produced by Justin Allen;
- 2022 feature Onyx The Fortuitous and The Talisman of Souls (Co-producer/Production Coordinator) director Andrew Bowser post-production;
- 2021 The Secret Art of Human Flight feature (Production Coordinator, Background Casting Director, Covid-19 Coordinator) featuring Paul Raci, directed by H.P. Mendoza produced by Vanishing Angle Productions post-production;
- 2021 Skelly feature (Production Coordinator, Background Casting Director) starring Brian Cox and John Palladino, directed by Matthew Green-DeLanghe, produced by Walk Like A Duck Entertainment post-production;
- 2020 I’m Not Him feature (Production Coordinator, Local Casting Director, Covid-19 Co-coordinator) directed by Steven Grimaldi, produced by Ellyn Vander Wyden Distributed by Amazon Prime;
- 2020 Stroke of Luck (Co-producer, Local Casting Director, COVID-19 coordinator) feature, Springhouse Productions, Producer Mark Farrell, Directed by Christian Frelinghuysen. Distributed by Netflix;
- 2019 Peregrin Island Audio Book (Producer/Director, Actor, Casting Director) Distributed by Audible. Theatre Producing credits include the recent play reading of Rhinoceros (by Eugene Ionesco) with Chris Noth (Law & Order, Sex in the City), as well as a reading in NYC of Living the Dream a new play by Mark Roberts (Mike & Molly, Two and a Half Men).
Upcoming: Cold Wallet feature (Co-Producer, Production Manager/Local Casting Director) in-production; Mumbet – Elizabeth Freeman Story working title feature (Executive Producer/Local Casting Director) in-development.
A long-time Company actor, with the internationally acclaimed Shakespeare & Company founded by Tina Packer and Kristen Linklater, Aspenlieder was an Artistic Associate for 5 years which included casting, producing and bringing new plays to the company. Aspenlieder continues to work with Shakespeare & Company fundraising in support of its $4.5million programming budget. Elizabeth sits on the Advisory Board of the Berkshire International Film Festival.
ACTOR: As an actor Elizabeth has performed in over 50 plays and voiced dozens of commercial and animation roles in Canada and in the US. She won Boston’s prestigious Elliot Norton award for her solo performance in the comedy Bad Dates (by Theresa Rebeck) and won a 2019 Berkie Award for best supporting actor in The Waverly Gallery (by Kenneth Lonergan).
She has performed in over thirty plays with Shakespeare & Company both modern, world premieres, and Shakespeare. Favorite roles with S&Co. include HIR (Paige) by Taylor Mack, The Beauty Queen of Leenane (Maureen) by Martin McDonagh, Mother of the Maid (originated the role of The Lady of Court before its run with Glenn Close at The Publick, NYC), King Lear (Regan, with John Douglas Thompson as Edmund), A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Hermia), Winter’s Tale (Hermione), The Merry Wives of Windsor (Mistress Ford), Rough Crossing by Tom Stoppard (Natasha), Vanya Sasha, Masha & Spike (Masha) to name a few.
Regional: Angels in America (Boston Theatre Works), Othello (Boston Theatre Works), Bad Dates (Merrimack Rep) as well as Barrington Stage Company, Old Castle Theatre Company, Mixed Company and Berkshire Playwright’s Lab.
Film roles: I’m Not Him award-winning feature starring John Palladino (director Steve Grimaldi) distributed by Amazon Prime; Sproutland (award-winning short) winner of 13 Awards including Best Short (by Academy Award-winning director Cynthia Wade); Pennyland feature (Billy Hahn), Trigger Finger short (director Mark Maurino), Seriously Twisted feature (directed by The Heather Brothers) distributed by Amazon Prime. As an acting coach for the last decade, Elizabeth works with students of all levels of acting including audition prep materials, monologue and scene work both modern and classical works.